Kanon Wakeshima's Debut Album - Shinshoku Dolce

    Kanon Wakeshima - Shinshoku DolceKanon Wakeshima just released her debut album in France and Germany (it will be released a bit later in Japan!). The album is entitled Shinshoku Dolce and is produced by Mana from Malice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois. It features her 2 ED songs from Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty. Kanon performed at a special showcase here in Paris on the 11th of February and then did a free concert the 12th!! I'm so sad I missed it...

    TRACKLIST

    01 - sweet ticket
    02 - Shinku No Fatalism
    03 - Kagami
    04 - Still Doll (Vampire Knight ED)
    05 - Maboroshi
    06 - Ennui Kibun!
    07 - Suna No Oshiro (Vampire Knight Guilty ED)
    08 - Monochrome Frame
    09 - L'espoir -Mahou no Akai Ito-
    10 - Kuroi Torikago
    11 - Skip Turn Step
    12 - Shiroi Kokoro
    13 - sweet dreams

    8/10 If you're a fervent reader of this blog, you probably know how much I adored her two Vampire Knight theme songs, Still Doll and Suna no Oshiro. So it comes as no surprise that I have been waiting for this album for quite a while now. I was so happy to get my hands on it even after reading not so great reviews (such as this one). My overall impression is on the contrary a very good one... How can you go wrong with such a talented artist? She not only has a beautiful voice, but is also a skilled cello player (just like my sister, hehe). It's so rare to have a young J-Pop singer who plays the cello!

    Mana's gothic and mysterious style is a great addition to Kanon's talent. A lot of the tracks on the album feature haunting melodies with amazing vocals. Beautiful string arrangements can be heard in almost every song and they feature not only a cello but also violins... There's even a beautiful song sung entirely in french called L'espoir, even though I couldn't understand a single word she was singing!

    I hope you will like the album as much as I did...

Post Title

Kanon Wakeshima's Debut Album - Shinshoku Dolce


Post URL

http://imaginefantasy4u.blogspot.com/2009/02/kanon-wakeshima-debut-album-shinshoku.html


Visit Imagination and Fantation for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive