BulletStorm inspired speed painting process

    I've been enjoying Bullet Storm for the past few days. The game looks gorgeous and the game play is awesome. It is pretty violent, but really what else do we expect from 1st person shooter games. We buy and play shooter games because we want to, well, shoot! I would not recommend it for kids under 17 though because it is ultra violent and tons of blood splatting action.
    Then it's time to paint but I couldn't get the fun off of my mind. So I decided to just paint a piece inspired by Bullet Storm.
    In this speedy, I used tons of custom brushes. Yes, I think it is time for me to really go all out with custom brushes. Since I started this blog, I've been holding out on using custom brushes just to get the point across. Get the foundation first, which are shape (correct drawing), value, color and edges. Once you get it, no matter what brush you use, it will be good.
    This piece, I basically start out very much the same with a lot of my work. There are 2 ways I start either with line drawn or silhouette. Well, the line drawn will end up being silhouette or shape. So yeah basically both are very similar. Then I try to figure out the lighting (value), then hue (color), then play around with edges and harmonize the piece.  This one took me almost two hours.  Fun time.
    Ok enough blabbing...


    Here is a final speedie of BulletStorm


    Below are step by step process painting BulletStorm inspired painting.
    And below is what blasting on my headphone when I was painting the scene. There are a few songs, click fast forward for the next.  I love these tones of aggressive riff compose with war drum beats. They help me get lost in my own imagination.  Or was it the composer's imagination?  ;-)

    Sometimes you have to wait a little while for music player clip to show up.

    dark mage sketch
    dark mage sketch

    Here is the final speedpainting
    dark mage sketch
    Bigger version here: "BulletStorm Speedpainting"


    Yes, I recorded this one. Here is a short video tutorial digital speed painting Bullet Storm.





    Enjoy the weekend,

    CHECK OUT our full length PREMIUM video tutorials
    Free Drawing Tutorial video download


Post Title

BulletStorm inspired speed painting process


Post URL

http://imaginefantasy4u.blogspot.com/2011/02/bulletstorm-inspired-speed-painting.html


Visit Imagination and Fantation for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive